Sunday, November 12, 2017

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

November 12th 2017
Sunday Morning Edition






Who Are You Starting & Sitting

A lot of games on the slate today for Sunday Week 10 and with fantasy playoffs fast approaching it begs the obvious question, who are you starting and sitting today?

GB @ CHI
The Bears have a pretty good defense, so I am not expecting much from the Packers offense. I am sitting Ty Montgomery today. With Aaron Jones having earned the starting backfield duties, Montgomery will be limited. Since returning from injury Montgomery is averaging just 7.3 touches per game.

CLE @ DET
The Browns do a pretty good job against the run and the Lions don’t run the ball well, so I am starting Marvin Jones Jr. The Lions will once again have to rely on Stafford and the pass and Jones (No.15 fantasy WR in PPR) has been trending upward for weeks now.

PIT @ IND
With Martavis Bryant back and the emergence of JuJu Smith-Schuster, I am starting Big Ben today. He’ll be a JuJu-Bee special today against the Colts!

LAC @ JAX
The Jags are tough against the pass and while I might not be sitting Keenan Allen today (but not expecting a lot), I am starting running back Melvin Gordon. Gordon is the No.5 fantasy RB in PPR and the Jags yield a lot of yards on the ground (125 yds/game).

NO @ BUF
The Saints have been good this season, but traditionally they do not travel well. That being the case here, they will have a tough matchup against a good Bills defense. While I’d be nervous starting any of the Saints, I am starting running back Alvin Kamara. He’ll see his usual workload today and I love his contributions in the pass game; 37 receptions this season.

NYJ @ TB
With a road game today, I am starting Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson against a terrible Bucs defense. Anderson has been trending in the right direction and the Bucs allow the 3rd most fantasy points to opposing receivers.

MIN @ WASH
With Redskins tight end Jordan Reed on the shelf for Sunday, I am starting Vernon Davis. I am not expecting a big output, but he should provide decent numbers for owners in a bind today.

CIN @ TEN
After five straight games with less than 60 rushing yards, I am sitting Titans running back DeMarco Murray. Murray has been dinged up most of the season. He doesn’t look right, he’s not producing, and right now he’s too risky to trust.

HOU @ LAR
With the Rams rolling and the offense playing well this season, I am starting quarterback Jared Goff. The 2nd year passer has played very well this season and I love this matchup against the Texans at home. Over the past two weeks, the Texans secondary has been toasted for 760 yards passing and 6 touchdowns.

DAL @ ATL
This game is being forecasted as a potential shootout and along with Julio Jones, I will be starting Falcons wide receiver Mohamed Sanu. The Cowboys have allowed 10 touchdowns to opposing receivers and with a lot of attention focused on Julio, I think Sanu sneaks one in.

NYG @ SF
With a road matchup today with the Niners, I am starting Giants running back Orleans Darkwa against one of the league’s worst run defenses (allow 135.6 yards/game). I expect to see Darkwa receive a heavy workload and have success today.

NE @ DEN
The Broncos offense has struggled mightily for several weeks now, but tonight against the Patriots I am starting wide receiver Demaryius Thomas. The Broncos receiver is coming off a 8/70/1 stat line; he’ll the main focal point of the pass game against secondary that has allowed the 5th most receptions and 3rd most receiving yards to opposing receivers.

That's My Take.
~David Ortega





No comments: