Saturday, September 9, 2023

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST








September 9th, 2023
Saturday Late-Evening Edition

Fantasy Football Week 1
Sit’ems


1. Jimmy G, QB (LVR)
- This will be a tough road matchup for Jimmy G. And although I am not down on him this season, afterall he has Davante to throw to, I just feel better about other options. I’d prefer to sit Jimmy G here and see how he plays first, and roll in another direction



2. Gabe Davis, WR (BUF)
- I will admit, I watched “Hard Knocks” this season and I am a fan of the Jets D. I really believe they will be tough. I’m not so sure about the 85-86 Bears, but they will be a problem for opponents and likely Gabe Davis in Week 1. I see the Bills still taking shots at Sauce Gardner with Diggs, but I also see quarterback Josh Allen spreading the ball all around. Also Davis caught 5 passes for 64 yards in two games against the Jets in 2022.


3. Matthew Stafford, QB (LAR)
- With no Cooper Kupp and even questions in my mind about how healthy and strong Stafford is, since returning from a shortened 2022 season due to injury, he’s a wait and see start for me. I like the matchups for quarterbacks like Derek Carr, Jordan Love, and even Baker Mayfield ahead of Stafford who will be on the road.


4. Darnell Mooney, WR (CHI)
- The Bears passing game is a low-volume proposition and with the arrival of DJ Moore in the offseason and the addition of Chase Claypool last season, leaves Mooney’s outlook a little murky heading into week 1. I’d rather see how these receivers are used and how much volume Mooney demands before I roll him out. Receivers like Diontae Johnson, Courtland Sutton, and the rookie Jordan Addison have more appeal.


5. Zach Ertz, TE (ARI)
- No quarterback Kyler Murray in this one and a banged-up Ertz, does not instill a lot of confidence. There are safer streaming options that I would feel more comfortable with on Sunday, like Juwan Johnson (Saints), Logan Thomas (Commanders), or even Greg Dulcich (Broncos).


That's my take!
~David G. Ortega


No comments: