Thursday, September 8, 2022

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST







September 8th, 2022
Thursday Afternoon Edition

Thursday Night Matchup

Analytics are not my thing and I can admit I've not done a ton of film study for fantasy football. Just like the consensus that enjoy the game, I watch the preseason games, check the latest updates, follow the injury news reports, and catch as much as I can fantasy football talk on Sirius, iTunes, and cable TV.

With having said all of that, my predictions are no more reliable than your average local weather man; but I like my predictions more.

Looking ahead at the NFL's 2022 opening contest on Thursday night between the Buffalo Bills and the Los Angeles Rams, there are plenty of fantasy football relevant plays, but I think there are plenty of interesting and sneaky plays that warrant your attention.

So let's start with the visiting Bills, aside from the usual suspects, I don't think rookie running James Cook is getting enough run leading up to tonight. Starting Running Back Devin Singletary is not your typical in between the tackles workhorse and Cook could get some Red-zone love tonight. A Cook touchdown in DFS would go a long way.

The Bills passing game will be anchored by (WR) Stefon Diggs, (WR) Gabriel Davis, and (TE) Dawson Know, but don't overlook wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie (if he's healthy for tonight) who could see substantial playing time in the slot tonight away from the Rams DB Jalen Ramsey. If it's not McKenzie, than the new arrival Jamison Crowder could steal a red-zone score for the Bills.

With the Rams, there's no secret the top play is wide receiver Cooper Kupp, but in this matchup I believe the top scoring receiver in tonight's game could very well be the newcomer, Allen Robinson. Robinson is a big target, almost like a very well skilled and reliable hands tight end; he's sure to see plenty of Red-zone work.

Finally, my last mention comes by the way of the latest rumors I am hearing via Mr. Insider himself, Adam Schefter, Rams rookie running back Kyren Williams. with Darrell Henderson considered primarily a pass receiving running back, if start Cam Akers is not at full health and limited, this could open the door to Williams getting a little extra run tonight. He's one to watch.

That's my take!
~David G. Ortega

No comments: