Sunday, September 4, 2022

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST







September 4th, 2022
Sunday Afternoon Edition

My Fantasy Football WR Rankings

For this year's fantasy drafts, I think the wide receiver is going to be by far the deepest position on the slate. I might be looking at the one of the top targets, but even if I miss there should be plenty of options to snag throughout the mid-rounds. Here's a look at my Wide Receiver rankings for the Top-25;

1. Justin Jefferson
2. Cooper Kupp
3. Ja'Marr Chase
4. Stefon Diggs
5. Davante Adams

6. Tyreek Hill
7. CeeDee Lamb
8. Deebo Samuel
9. Keenan Allen
10. Tee Higgins

11. Mike Evans
12. DJ Moore
13. AJ Brown
14. Michael Pittman Jr
15. Terry McLaurin

16. Jaylen Waddle
17. Courtland Sutton
18. Diontae Johnson
19. Mike Williams
20. Brandin Cooks

21. Allen Robinson
22. Darnell Mooney
23. Amon-Ra St. Brown
24. Marquise Brown
25. Jerry Jeudy
 
This season there are going to be plenty of options at the receiver spot, even after the big five and the Top-25. A couple of notables just missing my list include, DK Metcalf (Seahawks), Michael Thomas (Saints), Chris Godwin (Buccaneers), Gabriel Davis (Bills), and JuJu Smith-Schuster (Chiefs). Any of these receivers can easily finish in the top twenty this season.

Going down my list from the top, I believe my top five are pretty much par for the course; nothing new to see here. In the second five, it's my number 10 rank that I think might surprise some. I have the Bengals Tee Higgins making my top ten, based on his performance from a year ago. Higgins only played in 14 games and still finished 24th overall in fantasy scoring for receivers, but he was also the 13th ranked fantasy receiver in fantasy points per game.

Another receiver I think I might be more excited about than most is the Commanders Terry McLaurin. I love this kids talent and with quarterback Carson Wentz under center, he'll have his best quarterback since landing in Washington. Despite some mediocre QB play, McLaurin finished the 2021 season as the 25th fantasy receiver with 77 grabs, 1,053 yards receiving, and 5 touchdowns (only 32 fantasy points for the 13th spot), numbers he can easily surpass this season.

Last season both DK Metcalf (14th) and Tyler Lockett (16th) finished in the Top-20 in fantasy scoring for wide receivers and both were top ten in 2020. With Russell Wilson in Denver now, I have both of the Broncos receivers, Courtland Sutton and Jerry Jeudy in my top 25. Enough said.

Lastly, I'm a big fan of HBO's "Hard Knocks' and I am drinking the cool-aid this season in Detroit. They may not be Super Bowl bound, but I think the Lions quarterback Jared Goff can be solid this season and wide receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown is legit; Brown finished 21st in fantasy scoring for receivers in 2021. I have Brown ranked at 23, but he can easily be a top 10 receiver in 2022.

That's my take!
~David G. Ortega

No comments: