Sunday, September 4, 2022

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST







September 3rd, 2022
Saturday Mid-night Edition

My Fantasy Football QB Rankings

With two drafts left before the start of the 2022 season, here are my Quarterback rankings for the top 15;










1. Josh Allen
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Justin Herbert
4. Lamar Jackson
5. Tom Brady

6. Kyler Murray
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Joe Burrow
9. Russell Wilson
10. Dak Prescott

11. Matthew Stafford
12. Jalen Hurts
13. Derek Carr
14. Trey Lance
15. Kirk Cousins 

I think after his impressive 2020 and 2021 campaigns, the Bills quarterback Josh Allen is the consensus number one. He's a lock to have another big season, but I am not so fast to discount the Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

Only a few years ago Mahomes was considered the gold standard. Sure with a couple of personnel changes in the off-season, the loss of wide receiver Tyreek Hill might have fantasy owners nervous, but the Chiefs signal caller will still have plenty of weapons and head coach Andy Reid.

I expect a rejuvenated and bounce back season for the Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson who is bigger and stronger this season, which is why I have him ranked at four. 

Despite his age, the Goat, Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady comes in at my number five rank. His age does not concern my, but the addition of receivers Russell Gage and Julio Jones does intrigue me.

Going through my ranking list I need to see more from quarterbacks Jalen Hurts and Trey Lance before I can slot them higher. While I am not nearly as high on the kids as others, I have a lot of confidence in the old guys, quarterbacks Aaron Rodgers (ranked 7th) and Russell Wilson (ranked 9th).

Wilson is with a new team in Denver and has plenty of weapons to be a top-10 fantasy quarterback. Even though Rodgers will be without his favorite and most reliable target with the departure of receiver Davante Adams, the four-time MVP is good enough to raise the level of play of the talent around him.

That's my take!
~David G. Ortega

No comments: