Sunday, September 4, 2022

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

`








September 4th, 2022
Sunday Afternoon Edition

My Fantasy Football RB Rankings

I am just hours away from my next fantasy draft and just looking over some of the Running Backs I will targeting. With that in mind here's my Running Back rankings for the Top-25;

1. Jonathan Taylor
2. Derrick Henry
3. Christian McCaffrey
4. Dalvin Cook
5. Austin Ekeler

6. Najee Harris
7. Joe Mixon
8. Aaron Jones
9. D'Andre Swift
10. Nick Chubb

11. Saquon Barkley
12. Alvin Kamara
13. Leonard Fournette
14. Javonte Williams
15. James Conner

16. Ezekiel Elliott
17. Breece Hall
18. David Montgomery
19. Elijah Mitchell
20. Cam Akers

21. Travis Etienne Jr.
22. Josh Jacobs
23. AJ Dillon
24. Damien Harris
25. Antonio Gibson
 
I'm not shaking things up too much in the fantasy football world with my personal rankings here, as most of my rankings mirror most of the consensus, but I do have a few variations.

My first is the Titans running back Derrick Henry. I have been seeing a few PPR rankings with Henry as low as 6th, but even with his low receiving totals, the Titans workhorse should see more than enough volume to keep him in the top fantasy RB conversation.

My next notable rank is the Packers running back Aaron Jones ranked 8th overall, and I think I could be low on him. With the departure of Davante Adams, it is conceivable that Jones could be in line to be the team's leading receiver. He's never tallied more than 68 targets in any one season, in his five seasons with the Pack, but being the exceptional pass catcher that he is, it's very much possible he could see as many as 100 targets in 2022.

Perhaps one of the more interesting players in my top 25, coming in at 22 is the Raiders Josh Jacobs. Last season Jacobs finished as the 12th fantasy running back and in 2020 he was even better finishing in the 8th spot (PPR total scoring). My ranking of 22 may be a bit too low for Jacobs, who could be looking at another productive season in a Raiders offense that could put up a lot of points this season.

At the tail-end of my top-25 I have the Commanders Antonio Gibson. Unfortunate circumstances have given his fantasy production prospect new life, but his time in the sun as the starter could be limited. Draft with caution.

That's my take!
~David G. Ortega

No comments: