September 4th 2026
Friday Late-Night Edition
Friday Fantasy Fixx
My Fantasy Four
I have three more home league drafts coming up on Labor Day, so between now and then over this weekend I will be spending quite a bit of time participating in several Best Ball and a standard PPR league drafts. I want to build a sense of how players are being valued and which players others are reaching up to grab.
When I am building my fantasy team, I am always thinking about my Fantastic Four. These are the core four players, one quarterback, one running back, one wide receiver, and one tight end. My targets are not necessarily players in the top tier of each position, but those players I believe will significantly out perform ADP and finish in or near their top tiers.
Out of the shoot, at quarterback I am all-in on the Jordan Love train (ADP 153, QB20). Even before considering any of the Josh Jacobs fall-out, I just have a feeling head coach Matt LaFleur is going to let Jordan cook. We've seen what he's capable of and with Jacobs likely to miss some time, the stars may be aligning.
In the backfield, my ride-or-die dude is Omarion Hampton (ADP 16, RB10) of the Chargers. I think the Mike McDaniel influence will pay dividends for Hampton in both the ground and passing game. Last season Hampton averaged 4.4 yards per carry on 124 totes with 32 receptions for 192 receiving yards, and five scores. He fits the role of an 18-20 touch back and could easily find a path to 1,500+ scrimmage yards with 45-55 catches and 10+ scores in the McDaniel offense. That's what I am banking on.
I am planting my flag on the Broncos receiver, Courtland Sutton (ADP 71, WR30). I know they now have Jaylen Waddle, but I believe his arrival will only elevate Sutton. Waddle will take away some targets for sure, but I see his influence opening up greater opportunities for Sutton in the red zone, where he is already very effective. Courtland should still see plenty of work and could find his way to 10-12 touchdowns this season.
I like guys like Isaiah Likely and Mark Andrews at tight end, but with Likely, a new team, new quarterback, I need a sample size before I am in. Andrews needs to show me he's still got something left, before I roll with him again. With that said, although he's coming off injury, I still like the Packers tight end Tucker Kraft (ADP 83, TE9). At 25, the kid still has a lot of juice left and I am excited at what we might see from the packers passing offense this season. Tucker's a keeper for me.
That's My Take
~David G. Ortega





No comments:
Post a Comment