Tuesday, September 1, 2026

DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST: 024-26

David's Daily Digest
September 1st 2026
Tuesday Night Edition




Tuesday Talk


Quick Takes
My drafting fingers are tingling and it's getting hot in here waiting for the big draft weekend that lies ahead. Of course we're ready, but there's still plenty more prep to be done.

As I gather my notes and take a deep look at rosters, stats, and what have you, I have a couple of quick takes as I look ahead to my upcoming drafts. I have Bills wide receiver DJ Moore (ADP 55) on my radar for the late 4th or early 5th round sweet spot. I just like his opportunity with Josh Allen throwing darts in his direction.

I am going to be putting the brakes on Bucs running back Bucky Irving (ADP 53) in this same area. I am a little salty from last season, he was a draft steal for me as my Keeper in the 22nd round, but when he ended finishing like a 22nd round fantasy draft, what a disappointment. I am hoping he can bounce back this season, but too much risk for me. If he falls a few rounds, maybe.


My last take for tonight is the Bears wide receiver Luther Burden (ADP 65), to be taken ahead of his teammate, Rome Odunze. Burden showed plenty last season to make me a believer; he started out slow last season, but flashed early in week 3 (19.8 fantsay points). But in his final (4) games he averaged nearly 7 targets per game posting 21 receptions for 324 yards receiving and a touchdown. Still overall modest numbers, just 15.0 fantasy points per game, but enough there to see the potential and upside. Burden is the pick for me.

That's My Take
~David G. Ortega

No comments: