Friday, September 20, 2013

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

Friday Edition
September 20th, 2013 

David’s Daily Digest


Week 3 “Man-Crushes”

With two weeks in the books, fantasy owners have an opportunity to really evaluate numbers, trends, and tendencies, but best of all we can use our eyes to determine who we like, who looks good, and who we should forget.

While it may be too early to be so permanent with our analysis I would like to offer my weekly “Man-Crushes.”

I can be fickle at times and a little choosey, but I do consider myself to be quite faithful (are we still talking about fantasy football?).  Looking over the week 3 matchups I see several crushes that I endorse, and it’s not all about looks.

The Falcons travel to Miami on Sunday and with (WR) Roddy White (ankle) still dealing with an injury, my crush on (WR) Julio Jones is huge. Even if White were healthy I still like Jones and believe it’s his time. Last week he turned in a huge performance with 11 grabs for 182 yards; fantasy owners can expect another big day.

The San Diego Chargers have been one of the early surprises this season offensively and with quarterback Philip Rivers suddenly rejuvenated, my crush is on tight end Antonio Gates. Last week the Chargers wily veteran caught 8 passes for more than 100 yards. Sunday Gates will face a defense that allows the 13th most fantasy points to opposing tight ends, including two touchdowns. Gates will be one of Rivers go-to and should find the end-zone against the Titans.

In Washington the Redskins will be at home this week and with the Lions 15th ranked pass defense coming to town I have a huge crush on wide receiver Pierre Garcon. The Lions have been pretty good against opposing receivers, but this week on the road I am expecting different results. Garcon is also coming off his best game of the season thus far, so I expect to see him carry this momentum into Sunday.

A couple more notable crushes for Sunday; I like quarterback Matthew Stafford this week on the road, throwing for a lot of yards. He may not get the win, but he’ll post nice numbers. I also like the 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick who should bounce back with a strong Sunday. On the road this week, the Cardinals will have to throw a ton to keep pace with the Saints, as a result I like wide receiver Andre Roberts this week. Running back Frank Gore was stuffed in week two against the Seahawks, but this week he’s not playing the Hawks (playing the Colts). I like a bounce back game for Gore.

These are just a couple of my “Man-Crushes” for week 3.

That’s my take.



~David Ortega


No comments: