Sunday, September 15, 2013

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

Saturday Edition
September 15th, 2013 
 







David’s Daily Digest

Today’s Line-ups: Thoughts and Notes

The biggest question I have going today is wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald (Cardinals). I suspect that Fitz will play, but the Cards don’t kick-off until 1:05 pm (PST). I like many fantasy owners will have to make a tough decision today. If I can afford to wait until kickoff time to make the call, I’ll wait. Come on, it’s Fitz. This kid is golden if he plays.

Since I am in a bit of a conundrum (I actually can’t wait) I am going to make a change and my suggestion is, so if you are not looking at players like Brandon Marshall and A.J. Green to substitute with maybe you should too.

In many leagues, I was affected greatly by the Vick Ballard season ending injury, this is because I own Ahmad Bradshaw (in several leagues). While Bradshaw is catapulted into the lead role this week he’s still only an RB2/3, especially this week (so I don’t have him starting in all leagues). The Dolphins have a legit defense and his numbers on the ground could be curtailed, so in one league I am starting running back Frank Gore over Bradshaw; a tough matchup as well, but Gore has had success in the past (has rushed for over 80 in two of last three starts versus Seahawks).

The Broncos offense led by quarterback Peyton Manning blew up last week with just about everyone pitching in, everyone except wide receiver Eric Decker (just two catches). My favorite start here is Demaryrius Thomas, who I think will be Manning’s go-to-receiver today, but I believe Decker (7 targets in week 1) fantasy owners should relax because he will get his chances just as he did last week. I would expect 60-70 yards and a score for Mr. Decker in what will likely be another sprint-a-thon for the Broncos aerial attack.

One last thought, quarterback Carson Palmer was probably not drafted as a starter in most leagues, but after one week I am saying he should be starting. Palmer has not had this talented a receiving bunch since his days in Cincinnati. In week one he played very well on the road and I anticipate the same from him today at home. I have him penciled in several lineups today.

These are just a few of my thoughts and notes for today’s Week two matchups.

That’s my take.



~David Ortega


No comments: