Sunday, August 27, 2023

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST








August 27th, 2023
Sunday Afternoon Edition

Draft Day is Here Again


Fantasy football excitement is in the air, as mock drafts churn out like basketball shoes at a Nike factory. Fantasy owners are hitting the magazine stands to pick up their favorite Mag with the latest rankings and player reviews.

As what has become the ritual for many of others who play fantasy, I too have picked up my favorite fantasy magazine or two. With a little over a week left before my final four league drafts, I will be busy over the next several days taking notes, highlighting the players I will be coveting, and updating my current password for my favorite sites for fantasy info and knowledge.

There have been a lot of changes this off season, some key player switches, and some interesting developments in the pre-draft fantasy football landscape. As I prepare for my upcoming drafts, I’ll be looking at the Josh Jacobs situation (his return to the Raiders), the effect of Aaron Rodgers on the Jets and their passing game, the arrival of DeAndre Hopkins in Tennessee, and the impact & influence of the Broncos new head coach Sean Payton. These are only a few considerations that will have to be looked at.

While the Fantasy football sites and magazines are a great source of information to cover those topics, your local supermarket is going to be an essential necessity for Draft Day, if you are to have a successful draft.

Some of the keys that will be needed besides your magazines and website addresses should include the following supplies, beer, ice, chips, dips, water, sides, and of course more beer.


I would suggest stocking heavily on cold beverages, should your draft go sideways, they could come in handy. 

Remember Draft Day is supposed to be a fun-filled day and one that you enjoy. Stay calm, trust your notes, and for goodness sakes, enjoy an occasional cold one during the process.

Good luck and Happy drafting.

That's my take!
~David G. Ortega

No comments: