Wednesday, October 7, 2026

DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST: WEDNESDAY WATERCOOLER - 043-26

David's Daily Digest
October 7th 2026
Wednesday Evening Edition




WEDNESDAY WATERCOOLER
WEEK 5

It was a quiet week of Waivers for me, although Week 4 was not kind by any means. There were plenty of disappoints this past week with players like DJ Moore and Ja'Marr Chase exiting early hurt, but also duds from Bucky Irving and Christian Watson. While my scores were low, generally I feel good about my teams and their season long prospects.


In a nutshell for my waiver pickups this week, my most popular grabs were the Bills Keon Coleman and the Commanders Austin Ekeler. The Bills receiver is coming off his best output this season with 6 catches for 116 yards and a score on 7 targets. It wasn't just about the numbers, but how he played and some of the catches he made. We've seen this type of flash and spark in the past, so we know Coleman is capable. This is not much of a limb, but I am going to go out and say I am buying Coleman stock. I have him across the boards in my money leagues and will be riding with him. I see the presences of Moore only as a positive and with a gunslinger like Josh Allen in the pocket, there should be plenty of opportunities for both.

In the Commanders backfield situation, I have to be patient with Ekeler. Last week was his first action in quite some time, it's going to take several games for him to get back to speed. If Ekeler can remain healthy and stay on the field, I'd expect as soon as week 7 or 8 to start paying dividends, especially in PPR. If you have the bench space, stash him, if you are lean at the spot, he could be a bye week, very low flex fill. I wouldn't start leaning until week 7, but I'm not waiting to add him, I've got him in most of my leagues now.

That's My Take
~David G. Ortega

No comments: