October 3rd 2026
Saturday Afternoon Edition
FANTASY FIXX
With the Colts down a couple of receivers that include Alec Pierce and now Keenan Allen, I am inserting Josh Downs (Fantasy WR35) wherever I have him. Even before the Allen news, Downs was always a consideration for Week 4. Through the start of this season, Downs has a receiving line of 12 catches for 149 yards receiving on 20 targets over just the past two weeks. With Keenan out, we can expect similar if not more volume and production this Sunday.
Just like the situation in Indy, the Commanders receiving room is facing similar issues with starting wideout Terry McLaurin unlikely to go tomorrow in London. With T-Mac shelved, next man up, Stefon Diggs (Fantasy WR17 this season) slots in as a high-end WR3, even a low WR2. In his first three games this season, Diggs has notched 3 touchdowns, 13 grabs, on 22 targets thus far. Without T-Mac, Diggs figures to be heavily involved with a high probability of adding to his scoring total.
The Texans will be getting their number one receiver, Nico Collins back this week, which should be a huge uptick overall for the passing game. Lets not forget tight end Dalton Schultz (fantasy TE7). Collins will get his, but his influence will surely open up some opportunity for the doctor this week. Schultz stepped up huge in week 2 with Nico out, but came back to earth last week. This is a gut-call and I like Schultz to return to the TE1 conversation against the Cowboys, at least for week 4.
Another tight end pick that I am inserting where I can and play in DFS is the Seahawks AJ Barner. In 2025. Barner finished as the fantasy TE21, with a receivng line of 52-519-6 on 68 targets. He's been relatively quiet this season without his starting quarterback Sam Darnold, but did show some life last week when Darnold returned. Barner turned in a five-catch and 69 yards receiving day finishing as the fantasy TE14 for the week. His week 4 opponent Chargers have been all over the map versus the tight end. Another gut call, he was serviceable in Week 3 and I like the Darnold to Barner combination this week, especially in DFS.
That's My Take
~David G. Ortega






No comments:
Post a Comment