Before I get into it tonight, it's been a helluva week. Real life has kept me on my toes, pretty busy all week. And then you think about today. September 11, 9/11.
25 years ago today, so much changed in an instant. I don't think I could do this moment any justice trying offer my own perspective. I wasn't in New York at the time, Pennsylvania, or DC. Like so many across the country, I witnessed this event from a distance, by radio and television.
What I will say, never have so many of us, owed so much, to so many. On 9/11, 2001, in the face of great tragedy and loss, so many shined bright and lifted so many of us with the acts of courage, heroism, and sacrifice. We didn't need to wait days or weeks for the reports to tell us, what most of saw on that day. Where most of us would be running out, we saw so many of New York's finest running in.
In the wake that followed, the stories of heroism that I would learn about are what I carry with me each day. They were examples of a human spirit I can only aspire to be and a sample of what makes this American nation so great. I remember at that time, that it was sports that lifted this nation in a time of sorrow and helped carry through its most vulnerable time.
While we remember those that were lost, we carry those memories of them with us and those memories of them when we shared moments rooting for our favorite teams and players. Fantasy Football was still a child at that time, but we can still carry that same spirit and childhood joy, we shared back then today.
While we remember those that were lost, we carry those memories of them with us and those memories of them when we shared moments rooting for our favorite teams and players. Fantasy Football was still a child at that time, but we can still carry that same spirit and childhood joy, we shared back then today.
FAVE FIVE
With week 1 of the NFL under way, what favorite fantasy players will you be cheering for this weekend?
Under center, I can't get away from Chargers Justin Herbert (ESPN QB4 this week). I have a few shares of him in redraft leagues, liking his overall perspective for the season. Herbert is home this week to face a Cardinals defense that was middle of the pack versus quarterbacks in 2025. The big difference this Sunday could be the McDaniel factor; Herbert's a favorite play of mine this week.
In the backfield, I am on board with the Texans running back David Montgomery (Low-end RB ranked this week). This week Montgomery has a shot a defense that allowed 5.0 yards per carry and one rushing touchdown per game in 2025. This feels like a Montgomery touchdown week with 16+ touches. He's a solid DFS play this week.
Lining out wide in week 1, my favorite receiver is the Sun-God from Detroit, Amon-Ra St. Brown (ESPN WR4 this week). ASB was targeted 172 times in 2025, 2nd most in the league. While the Saints played solid versus wide receivers last season, ASB is no ordinary wide receiver. It will be a tough matchup, but I expect him to be heavily involved in the passing game adding a score to his 2026 resume.
My favorite tight end for week 1, the Ravens Mark Andrews (ESPN TE7 this week). Andrews faces a Colts team that was 5th worst against tight ends (fantasy scoring) in 2025. Andrews kind of fell of the radar in 2025, but I think he's primed to find his way back to Top-10 status or higher with a healthy quarterback (Lamar Jackson). He'll be in a few DFS linesups this week.
For my 5th favorite in week one, heading back to flex in the backfield with the Bears running back D'Andre Swift (ESPN RB27 this week). Swift faces a Panthers defense that was 8th worst (fantasy scoring) versus the running back in 2025. Even with running back Kyle Monangai available, Swift should be a solid flex in week 1.
That's My Take
~David G. Ortega
~David G. Ortega







No comments:
Post a Comment