Wednesday, August 26, 2026

DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST: 022-26

David's Daily Digest
August 26th 2026
Wednesday Night Edition





WEDNESDAY WATERCOOLER 
WRAP


DRAFT TARGETS
With the kickoff of the 2026 season now less than two weeks away, it's time to take a hard look at draft strategy and potential draft day targets to mark throughout your draft. From the 1st round of the draft, even with the last pick, you should always be looking for value to improve your team.

As I review my upcoming drafts and consider my own drafting strategy, I am going to share some of my favorite targets for the 2026 Fantasy Draft (PPR format - 12 team).

Right out of the gate, the first round is pretty straight forward. I've made it no secret that I like King (Derrick) Henry (ADP 17.5) this season, even if I am at the top or in the middle of the second round, he's my 2nd round target. Regardless of his total touches last season or over the past five season, this dude is a beast and produces.


Moving into the early mid-rounds, I am looking for a pair of Packers, wide receiver Christian Watson (ADP 58.9), followed by tight end Tuck Kraft (ADP 100.4) a little later. The timing of Kraft will depend on the league and my leaguemates tendencies, may go a round, round and a half sooner. But with Watson, I am looking to grab him as a second wide receiver in the 5th or 6th round. Although his numbers have never been historic, if he can stay healthy and give me at least 12 games this season, he can be a difference maker.


Moving along deeper into the draft, I like Broncos rookie running back Jonah Coleman as a huge potential sleeper this season. He's going to get play, but how much to start we'll see, but by week 8 he could have a huge role.

My breakout candidate this season is the Packers quarterback Jordan Love and I will be targeting him as a later round back up quarterback. If he hits, I'll have the capital to improve my team and be able to ride his arm into the fantasy playoffs. I am excited about what we might see and what he can do this season.


After my defense and kicker are taken, I'll survey the fantasy landscape and a name that surfaces more times than not is Dolphins tight end Greg Dulcich (ADP 182.3). Dulcich is a dart throw and the tail end, but I like him as a deep flyer. The Dolphins offense may only be a shell of what it was, but new quarterback Malik Willis will have to throw to someone. My Spidey-senses are telling me, Dulcich will be one of the benefactors. I think he could crack the Top-12.

That's My Take
~David G. Ortega

No comments: