August 11th, 2026
Tuesday Evening Edition
BACK WITH A VENGEANCE
Maybe take this one with a grain of salt, perhaps with a slice of lime and in a tall shot glass! I'm not calling a shot here, nor am I sharing any real new take here, just going on record to say I too am a Omarion Hampton "Believer."
It's just a small sample size, but enough to convince me there's something there. Last season I selected Hampton with my third pick in one of my more competitive home leagues and for the first fours weeks of the 2025 season, I thought with this pick I nailed it.
Hampton was winning the timeshare he was in with running back Najee Harris, before Harris went down in week 3. through two weeks, Hampton had earned 72% of the snap-share, by week 4 it was up to 78%.
In weeks 3 & 4, Hampton posted scores of 24.9 fantasy points with 70 yards rushing, one rushing touchdown, 6 receptions, and 59 yards receiving in week 3 (good enough for the fantasy RB4). He followed that up with 27.5 fantasy points with 128 yards on the ground, another rushing score, 5 more catches for 37 receiving yards (fantasy RB7 for week 4).
Hampton would go down in week 5 and miss the next 8 weeks. He was not quite the same in his return, but with a whole off-season to recover and a new OC (Dolphins former HC Mike McDaniel) the prospects of what he could be look limitless.
In my home league, it's a one player keeper, round protected. I went early with Hampton last season in the 3rd, and current ADP has him at the end of the 2nd round. In my opinion there's enough value there. He's a strong hold and keeper for me. I'm all-in on Hampton.
That's My Take.
~David Ortega




No comments:
Post a Comment