July 31st, 2026
Friday Late Night Edition
Friday Night Fantasy Fixx.
At the Top of the Tiers.
It's Friday and I am just starting to build my early rankings for the Fantasy Football season (I'll have them done this weekend). As I build my rankings, there won't be too many, if any surprises as I get started.
1. QB-Josh Allen (BUF)
So there's no better place to start than at the top of the quarterback position. Surprise, surprise, well actually no, Bills quarterback Josh Allen grabs the top spot here. Allen has basically carried the Bills offense for the past several seasons (39 total touchdowns in 20250 and is poised to repeat once again. With the addition of wide receiver DJ Moore, Allen should improve 25 passing touchdowns numbers from a year ago and top 40 total this season. I'll take the over on 40.
1. RB-Jahmyr Gibbs (DET)
I've already said this and I'll say it again, Gibbs is my target in all drafts where I have a shot (top 3 draft pick). He's my clear number one this season, with Montgomery gone, Gibbs will eat. Over the last three seasons, Jahmyr Gibbs 5.3 yards per carry ranks 2nd and his 39 rushing touchdowns are second only to Derrick Henry's 44.
2. RB-Christian McCaffrey (SF)
It's hard to deny CMC's impact on the field. Not only a top ball carrier in the league, but he's got great hands out of the backfield and his volume is insane. McCaffrey's 413 touches (311 carries + 102 receptions) led all backs. He's a workhorse and enters this season healthy, I would expect the Niners to lean heavily once again. He may not hit 400 touches this season, with the return of Deebo Samuel, but he'll make a run (over/under 370).
1. WR-Jaxon Smith-Njigba (SEA)
I loved JSN last season and he delivered big time. The departure of DK Metcalf opened up the targets (163 career high in 2025) last season for JSN and produced career numbers across the board; 119 receptions, 163 targets, 1,793 yards receiving, 10 receiving touchdowns, 11.0 yards per target, and 15.1 yards per reception. With quarterback Sam Darnold returning under center, I like JSN's chances to repeat these numbers in 2026.
2. WR-Puka Nacua (LAR)
It's hard to deny how good Nacua really is, coming off a season where he finished as the top fantasy wide receiver. Over the past three seasons Nacua ranks 2nd in receiving yards, 3rd in receptions, and 1st in receiving yards per game among wide receivers. A career average of 20 fantasy points per game, Nacua is a first round target in all fantasy drafts with number one pick consideration, in my opinion.
1. TE-Trey McBride (ARZ)
Well the Cardinals may not be going places in 2026, but with quarterback Jacoby Brissett returning that's good news for Trey McBride fantasy owners and all those who draft him. McBride produced wide receiver-like numbers in 2025, with 126 receptions, 169 targets and 11 touchdowns (would have ranked as the fantasy WR5). Currently coming off draft boards in the late 3rd and early 4th rounds - likely to move up as the draft season heats up.
That's My Take.
~David Ortega



No comments:
Post a Comment