Saturday, August 27, 2022

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST


 





August 27th, 2022
Saturday Afternoon Edition

2022 Fantasy Football Draft Targets

With the start of the 2022 Fantasy Season less than two weeks fantasy owners that have yet to draft or still have a few left to complete, have to be thinking about what players to take and which players to avoid.

With one draft already under my belt and another just around the corner (less than 24 hours), I am looking at my list of players to take and players to pass on. I've been mocking drafting a lot, so I think I have good sense of where some players may be early and late in drafts.

So let's start with my targets. I am currently prepping for a 12-team draft and will be picking in the 3rd slot. I've been working on a strategy out of the gate; being at the top end of the draft I am looking for running backs out of the gate. Picking 3rd, I am extremely excited about taking Vikings running back Dalvin Cook. I believe his increased involvement in the passing could pay huge dividends in PPR formats.

As I hit the mid-early rounds, I am looking at wide receivers. Right off the top of my list I am trying to get a piece of the Broncos aerial attack. With the addition of quarterback Russell Wilson, his arrival immediately elevates wideouts Courtland Sutton and Jerry Jeudy. Just like Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf in Seattle were, both Sutton and Jeudy can be fantasy studs in Denver.

These are just a few twists and turns I am looking to take early in drafts, but as I progress through the mid-rounds (7-11) here are a few wideouts that I am targeting because of their potential upside. Wide receivers Christian Kirk, Allen Lazard, Kadarius Toney, and Devante Parker are all talented wideouts that could easily become the team's leading receiver and demand the lion's share of targets.

Through these same rounds, but at the front end a couple of running backs that I am eyeing for their upside potential are the Texans Dameon Pierce (starter), the Commanders Brian Robinson Jr (potential starter), and the Lions Jamaal Williams (back-up). I believe all three will have opportunities to be productive in their respective backfields and serve well as solid RB3 and/or flex plays.

There are no hot takes here, just my short list of a few targets I feel good about in 2022. Navigating a draft can be tough, so hopefully these players will provide some needed value at the right time and pay big dividends this season.

That's my take!
~David G. Ortega


No comments: