Thursday, September 9, 2021

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

September 9th, 2021
Thursday Afternoon Edition






 
My Pre-season Rankings
 
I am not usually big on doing rankings before the season, but I have on occasion shared my opinion. These are my rankings heading into the 2021 campaign. I've added a few notes to support my thinking with some of my picks (which don't differ much from the consensus);
 












Top 15 Tight Ends
 
1. Travis Kelce
2. Darren Waller
3. George Kittle
4. Mark Andrews
5. TJ Hockenson
6. Kyle Pitts
7. Logan Thomas
8. Dallas Goedert
9. Robert Tonyan
10. Tyler Higbee
11. Mike Gesicki
12. Noah Fant
13. Jonnu Smith
14. Austin Hooper
15. Gerald Everett
 
Notes;
The Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce checks in as my No.7 wide receiver, haha, okay, he's not a receiver, but he sure puts up those kinds of numbers. I'm pretty sure he's the consensus number one tight end and it's not even close.
 
I'll be honest, I love Kittle, he's a great football player, and I won't go against the grain on this one, but I won't invest an early pick on him. His toughness could be a fantasy liability, but when he's on the field he plays like a beast.
 
I agree with the consensus on Kyle Pitts, simply because other than Calvin Ridley, who else is Matt Ryan going to throw to.
 
I am a little low on Tonyan, simply because one, his touchdown efficiency last season was off the charts, and two this season there could be an MVS effect in play. But we'll see.
 
Hockenson thrived at times last season with Matthew Stafford in Detroit, now that Stafford is in Los Angeles, I expect Higbee to benefit similarly.
 
I would like Fant more, but with Courtland Sutton returning, a second year Jerry Jeudy, and KJ Hamler, just not enough balls or targets to go around.
 
That's my Take.
 
~David Ortega




No comments: