Thursday, September 9, 2021

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

 
September 9th, 2021
Thursday Afternoon Edition







 

My Pre-season Rankings
 
I am not usually big on doing rankings before the season, but I have on occasion
shared my opinion. These are my rankings heading into the 2021 campaign. I've
added a few notes to support my thinking with some of my picks (which don't
differ much from the consensus);



 








Top 25 Wide Receivers
 
1. Stefon Diggs
2. Davante Adams
3. Tyreek Hill
4. DeAndre hopkins
5.DK Metcalf
6. AJ Brown
7.Calvin Ridley
8.CeeDee Lamb
9.Justin Jefferson
10.Keenan Allen
11.Allen Robinson
12.Terry McLaurin
13.Chris Godwin
14.Amari Cooper
15.Mike Evans
16.Julio Jones
17.Robert Woods
18.Brandon Aiyuk
19.DJ Moore
20.Adam Thielen
21.Tyler Lockett
22.Cooper Kupp
23.Chase Claypool
24.Diontae Johnson
25.Robby Anderson
 
Notes;
My number three ranking of The Freak is no knock on him, he's a beast and a
world talent, but he'll compete with Kelce and Mahomes ability to spread the
ball around. In Green Bay and Buffalo, both Adams and Diggs will be target
monsters.
 
This season, Russell Wilson cooks and Metcalf's rise begins. He's a beast with super
strength and speed and will be an absolute nightmare for opposing secondary's.
 
I am also high on AJ this season. With a legit number two receiver in Julio Jones on
the field, Brown is going to feast and have a big year.
 
With either Andy Dalton or Justin Fields under center, I am expecting A-Rob (Allen
Robinson) to be peppered with targets every Sunday.
 
I am actually project Claypool a bit higher this season than his pre-season No.23
rank, and believe he'll emerge as Big Ben's number one target this season.
 
Similarly, in Carolina, Robby Anderson will be re-uniting with QB Sam Darnold this season
and could challenge (DJ) Moore, for the number one target share.
 
That's my Take.
 
~David Ortega




No comments: