Thursday, September 9, 2021

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

 
September 8th, 2021
Wednesday Night Late-Edition


 




My Pre-season Rankings
 
I am not usually big on doing rankings before the season, but I have on occasion shared my opinion. These are my rankings heading into the 2021 campaign. I've added a few notes to support my thinking with some of my picks (which don't differ much from the consensus);
 













Top 25 Running backs
 
1. Christian McCaffrey
2. Dalvin Cook
3. Derrick Henry
4. Saquan Barkley
5. Ezekiel Elliott
6. Alvin Kamara
7. Nick Chubb
8. Aaron Jones
9. Jonathan Taylor
10. Antonio Gibson
11. Austin Ekeler
12. Najee harris
13. Joe Mixon
14. Chris Carson
15. Clyde Edwards-Helaire
16. David Montgomery
17. James Robinson
18. D'Andre Swift
19. Josh Jacobs
20. Miles Sanders
21. Gus Edwards
22. Kareem Hunt
23. Mike Davis
24. Darrell Henderson
25. Myles Gaskin
 
Notes; I have been listening to some of the experts and I agree with one Mike Clay (ESPN), I think Barkley has too much talent. He may start slow this season, but it's not how you start, but how you finish.
 
Last season, Aaron Jones was set free somewhat, so as long as he remains free this season he could finish inside the top five again. 
 
I am primarily a PPR fantasy player, so with that in mind, I am a big Austin Ekeler fan this season. With his 2nd year QB, Ekeler might be on his way to a top-10 finish.
 
I dropped Darrell Henderson a few slots, but the presence of Sony Michel in town has me watching the Rams backfield. It may be more a committee with Michel getting more early down work and goal line opportunities.
 
That's my Take.
 
~David Ortega



No comments: