Saturday, October 5, 2013

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

Saturday Edition
October 5th, 2013 
 





David’s Daily Digest

Week 5: Fantasy “Starts” Here

As I check all of my 13 or 14 lineups for Sunday Week 5, it occurs to me that tomorrow is going to be the longest day in Fantasy Football. With games kicking off at 10am local time, I am anticipating that the Sunday finale in Oakland could possibly conclude somewhere in the neighborhood of 11:30pm to midnight; that’s a 14 hour day of football. I am not complaining, but that’s a whole lot of football!

So with a long day of football planned for tomorrow, I have plenty of fantasy “man-crushes” to share….

My Sunday “Man-Crushes”

I am no San Diego Charger fan, but after watching tight end Antonio Gates recapture some of his youth in recent weeks (25 rec, 364 yds receiving, 2 tds), I am all in with him. He faces the Raiders (ranked 14th in fantasy points allowed to opposing tight ends) and will be one of quarterback Philip Rivers main go-to receivers (31 targets this season) Sunday night.

I have always liked running back Reggie Bush and now that he is in Detroit and lighting it up, I am a big believer in him as a number one fantasy back. Thus far this season Bush ranks among the best running backs with 433 total yards of offense. His 254 yards rushing (ranks 15th), 179 yards receving (ranks 4th among RBs), 11 receptions (tied for 12th for RBs), and two scores make him a solid fantasy play week in and week out. This Sunday facing the Packers defense (12th in fantasy points allowed to RBs) Bush is an attractive start.

After four weeks of watching I am convinced that even if he is dinged up, you don’t sit wide receiver Andre Johnson (especially PPR). I really should have known this already, since Johnson has always been a gamer. Regardless of who lines up on the other side, quarterback Matt Schaub has all the trust in AJ, why, because he’s from the ‘U’ (University of Miami). Johnson has lost nothing this season with 34 receptions and 368 yards receiving (on pace for 136 rec/1,472 yds), but once again fantasy owners are perplexed at why he does not get into the end zoen more (0 touchdowns). A tough matchup on Sunday against the 49ers, but against Seattle last week he delivered (9 receptions for 110 yards), so fantasy owners can expect the same.

That’s my take.



~David Ortega




No comments: