Friday, October 4, 2013

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

Friday Edition
October 4th, 2013 
 





David’s Daily Digest

Friday’s Fixx
Well, it’s week 5 of the NFL and if you can believe this the Browns are 3-2 and sitting on top of the AFC North. This is definitely not something I would have predicted, nor would I have predicted that running back LeGarrette Blount would likely be starting for the Patriots this Sunday. I also would not have imagined dropping quarterback Eli Manning for Brian Hoyer (Browns); injured last night after throwing just four passes. Yeah, that move did not work out to well for me; darn injury.

With four teams on the bye this week (Buccaneers, Vikings, Steelers, and Redskins), there are plenty of moves left to be made and with that in mind, here are some that I would recommend…

Moves to Make:

Start Philip Rivers
If you have quarterback Philip Rivers and have yet to buy into the recharged Charger, you need to play him. Rivers faces the Raiders this Sunday and will line up against a defense that allows the 9th most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks and a better than 70 percent completions. Rivers is rolling this season (11 touchdowns) and should keep his fire burning on Sunday against Oakland.

Avoid Rams Running backs
There is too much cloud cover and confusion surround the Rams backfield. First of all the offense has been bad this season, in particular the run game. Until something evolves from the Rams ground attack that is worthy of watercooler chat, all Rams running backs should be avoided.

Start Knowshon Moreno
After watching Knowshon Moreno bounce back in week 4 with a solid performance against the Eagles, I have learned my lesson and he needs to be in my lineup every week, especially this week. The Cowboys defend the run well, but with the Broncos passing as well as they do I expect to see Moreno finding plenty of room to run.

I like the Saints
One of the biggest surprises this season has been the Saints defense. The Saints defense is ranked 6th overall (22nd versus the run, 5th against the pass) and they are playing very well at the moment. The defense has created 10 turnovers and recorded 12 sacks (tied for 12th) thus far and will really test the Bears offensive line (only 6 sacks allowed this season). I am expecting Rob Ryan to dial up plenty of pressure on Sunday; I am starting the Saints.


That’s my take.


~David Ortega



No comments: