Sunday, October 6, 2013

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

Sunday Edition
October 6th, 2013 
 





David’s Daily Digest

Week 5: My Sunday Lineups

This is just my run-through of who I have in my lineups today and basically what I am expecting (okay maybe hoping-I like to win). I play in 7 H2H fantasy leagues and compete in 6-7 weekly redraft leagues, so I have quite a few fantasy players in action every Sunday. Since my list is long I am not going to review every play, but more or less touch on a few here and there that I find of interest.

My Teams:

One of my notable plays today is wide receiver DeSean Jackson; I have him as a flex in two lineups today which I think is pretty good. Jackson has a great matchup today against a Giants defense that is really struggling. They are ranked 20th against the pass with just 4 sacks this season and allow the 14th most fantasy points to opposing wide receivers along with 5 touchdowns. If the Eagles have time to throw, Jackson could be running free all afternoon.

In this same matchup, the lack of pressure from the Giants front four is a big reason why I have quarterback Michael Vick in my lineup today. Vick presents all kinds of matchup issues for opposing defenses and with the Giants allowing the 6th most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks, this looks to be a tasty matchup (for Vick).

In four of my lineups today, I am starting tight end Antonio Gates. He is healthy this season and the kid looks rejuvenated. He and quarterback Philip Rivers have been fantasy starts all season and against the Raiders this does not change. Gates ranks 11th in the league with 364 yards receiving, which includes two 100 yard receiving days, before 2013 his last 100-yard performance came against the Raiders (back in Jan/2012).

Although I am a Denver Broncos fan and have them as my pick in their matchup today with the Cowboys, I am starting Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray. First, he has looked good thus far this season and second the Broncos are allowing the 5th most fantasy points to opposing running backs (including the 7th most receptions to RBs). This is a game where the Broncos could be up big and players like Murray pick up big yards and a late score in junk time.

These are just a few of my plays today and my thoughts for today’s matchups.

 ~David Ortega


No comments: