Saturday, September 23, 2023

FSH NOTEBOOK: WEEK 3 FF SITS

September 23rd, 2023
David’s Daily Digest
Saturday Afternoon Edition




Fantasy Football Week 3
Sit’Ems

My week 3 Sits for Sunday and Monday.

Looking ahead to this weekend, I have a list of players that I am not dropping (if on my roster) ahead of Sunday, but rather going to navigate around. Whether it is the effect of weather, dealing with an injury, or just a bad matchup, I am looking to avoid the following players for Sunday and Monday of Week 3.


QB-Joe Burrow (Bengals)
- The Bengals signal caller, Joe Burrow is dealing with a calf injury and his status for Monday night is not looking good. He has yet to live up to the draft capital invested in him, so it is concerning to hear he is less than 100 percent and may not play. The Bengals are in the late window, so waiting for game-time status would be tough. Unless I hear anything to the effect of remarkable improvement, I am going to avoid this situation and sit Burrow.


RB-AJ Dillon (Packers)
- With the latest reports indicating running back Aaron Jones could return this week, I am looking to avoid Dillon for the time being. Even with Jones out last week, Dillon slotted in at fantasy RB33. Even if Dillon is again the lead back this week, he’s facing a tough 13th ranked Saints run defense. Through two games Dillon has 28 carries for 74 yards for a career low average of 2.6 yards per carry. Sit him.


WR-Allen Lazard (Jets)
- If you were anything like me, with quarterback Aaron Rodgers under center, Lazard seemed like a nice late round pick in fantasy drafts. With the loss of Rodgers (achilles), Lazard is no longer starter worthy. He’s barely worth rostering, but for now I will hold him for another week.



WR-Kadarius Toney (Chiefs)
- It’s hard to stay patient with Toney. Through two games this season he’s just been bad. Too many drops, just six catches for 36 yards on 10 carries. The Chiefs matchup this week looks favorable, but after these first two games I just don’t trust Toney. With Patrick Mahomes as his quarterback, it is likely that he’ll get this turned around at some point and sooner than later, but for now he’s on my bench.
 

TE-Chigoziem Okonkwo (Titans)
- The Titans tight end is off to a rough start (No.43 fantasy tight end) with just 4 catches for 35 yards in two games this season. The Titans are not a high volume passing team, so Okonkwo’s chances will be limited and with just six targets in two games, I’ll need to see a greatly improved target share before I can trust him in my lineup.


That's my take!
~David G. Ortega


No comments: