Friday, September 13, 2013

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

Friday Edition
September 13th, 2013 
 





David’s Daily Digest


My Week Two “Starts”

With every bad turn and dark cloud, you can always find a silver lining; I think I read that somewhere or just made up that crap. Either way it seems another’s misfortune often becomes someone else’s good luck. In fantasy just as in life this is very true.

Just today when word came out that Vick Ballard was done for the season (great misfortune for Ballard and we all hope for a speedy recovery) the opportunity presented was great news for Ahmad Bradshaw owners. Bradshaw is now ushered into the starting role and figures to play a much bigger role in the Colts running game plan.

This week will present a tough matchup for Bradshaw and the Colts facing the Dolphins stout run defense (just 47 yards allowed last week), but I still like him in PPR leagues this Sunday. With yards on the ground being scarce, Bradshaw is still an effective pass catcher out of the backfield and figures to be the prominent back in Week 2. He’s a start for me this week.

Another week 2 option I am in favor of this Sunday comes from the same Dolphins-Colts matchup. Wide receiver Brian Hartline (17 fantasy points in week 1) was a heavily targeted option last week. Hartline saw 15 targets, which should not be all that surprising; he was targeted 131 times last season (by quarterback Ryan Tannehill). While his opportunities may diminish some this week, fantasy owners should expect to see him get plenty of looks once again.

There’s no question everyone is talking about the Eagles and Head Coach Chip Kelly’s frantic play calling pace. On Monday night against the Redskins the Eagles ran 53 plays in the first half. I am expecting a lot of the same if not more production from the offense this week and leading the way will be Quarterback Michael Vick.

The Eagles are home and the west coast Chargers will be coming to town off a short week. I don’t think they will be reading for what hits them, especially coming off a demoralizing Monday night loss. I think Vick looks comfortable, but with the slight limp we saw on Monday, I think he will be throwing a little more. He’s a strong start for me this week.

These are just a couple of other players I would have in your line-ups this Sunday if it makes sense; running back Daryl Richardson (Rams), wide receiver Andre Roberts (Cardinals), wide receiver Doug Baldwin (Seahawks),and tight end Brent Celek (Eagles).


That’s my take.



~David Ortega



No comments: