Sunday, November 7, 2010

FSH: MY WEEKLY FANTASY

November 7th, 2010, Sunday


My Weekly Fantasy


Sunday’s Fantasy Lineup


Some quick notes for today’s lineups….

My Quarterbacks:

With Aaron Rodgers as my top signal caller, today I like my quarterback’s matchup against the Cowboys. Rodgers will be at home this evening facing a secondary that was completely decimated last week by David Garrard (threw four touchdowns) and the Jaguars. I am expecting nothing less than Rodgers best game this season today……with Drew Brees as my other big arm, although on the road today against Carolina I would expect another solid outing, especially after passing for over 300 yards last week against the Steelers……taking a quick peek around the league a notable watch for me, Matt Cassel today against the Raiders. I don’t look for big yardage, but with Asomugha likely out Cassel could sneak in a couple of scores to Dwayne Bowe.

My Runningbacks:

This week will be a bit of a gamble for me with the bye week playing havoc. The Jets roll into Detroit today and after coming off a disappointing loss to the Packers last week I would expect Rex Ryan and company to get back to what they do; pound the ball. I like Shonn Greene to see some work today and produce against the Lions 26th ranked run defense……..with the Chiefs having great success on the ground, I will remain on the shoulders of running back Thomas Jones. His games are not as sexy as Jamaal Charles, but with a steady diet of 20 touches each week he should get plenty of yards against the Raiders 25th ranked run defense.

My Wide Receivers:

This week I will be a buyer of Johnson & Johnson, going with both Calvin (Lions) and Steve (Bills). Megatron will have a tough matchup, but with Stafford back he’ll get plenty of opportunity and at 6’5”, he’s just too big to stop…..the Bills receiver has an appealing matchup against the Bears today and with at least one touchdown in each of his last five games, he’s got the hot hand. His 10 targets in each of his last two starts are also very attractive…….another play I will be making is wide receiver James Jones who will likely start in place of the ailing Donald Driver. Two weeks ago Jones saw 8 targets and caught four balls for over 100 yards. Tonight’s matchup could be similar results against a battered Cowboys secondary that was torched a week ago for four scores.

My Tight Ends:

The tight end position happens to be one of my weakest with the loss of Jermichael Finley. And with Chris Cooley and Marcedes Lewis on bye, I could be rolling with Owen Daniels (if healthy) and the newcomer, Colts tight end Jacob Tamme. After watching Manning quickly christen the kid with 9 targets and a scoring pass, I am expecting to see repeat results against the Eagles today……Daniels however remains a risky play. He’s gametime, so unless I hear positive feedback this morning, I may have to sit him down and insert his back-up.



No comments: