Sunday, November 7, 2010

FSH: THE FANTASY SPORTS ZONE (THE FOUR HORSEMEN)

November 5th, 2010 Friday


The Four Horsemen


Last season I picked four players each week that I believed would provide fantasy owners with a solid day of fantasy scoring. It’s not an exact science I follow, nor do I count on any genies staring into crystal balls, but for me it’s a lot of fun.

I am riding again, of course a little late in the season, but again its fun for me; so saddle up!



We Ride Again

Quarterback:
We always start with under center and while 2010 has not been the off the charts season many of us thought he would have, quarterback Aaron Rodgers has been consistent just not great. Through the eight weeks Rodgers has thrown 12 touchdowns this season, but he has also tossed nine picks. This evening at home against the Cowboys could be his 2010 coming out party. In eight games this season he has only thrown more than two touchdowns just once; tonight could change that.
(my projections: 335 yards passing, three touchdowns)

Running Back:
In the backfield I will be saddling up with running back LeSean McCoy. After watching Texan’s quarterback Matt Schaub and running back Arian Foster hook up last week nine times against the Colts defense, I am expecting Eagle’s head coach Andy Reid to steal a few of those plays out of the Texan’s playbook. Foster also ripped through the Colts defense for over 100 yards, so McCoy could be looking at a big Sunday.
(my projections: 95 yards rushing, 45 yards receiving, one touchdown)

Wide Receiver:
Positioned out wide this week, I will be putting my fantasy chances in the hands of Giant’s receiver Steve Smith; Mr. Consistency. Smith has averaged 7 receptions for 87 yards in his last three starts, while adding two scores. He’s one of quarterback Eli Mannings most reliable and most often targeted options in the pass game. Against a struggling Seahawk secondary, he should be a must play for fantasy owners.
(my projections: 8 receptions, 105 yards receiving, one touchdown)

Tight end:
At the tight end spot, it’s a tough week with byes playing havoc as well as injuries depleting the position, but one play I am on board with is tight end Greg Olsen. The Bears tight end will be lining up against a Bills secondary that has allowed 7 touchdowns to the tight end position. Olsen is not a highly utilized option in the Bear’s pass game, but he should be solid today with at least one score.
(my projections: 5 receptions, 65 yards receiving, one touchdown)



No comments: