Sunday, October 10, 2010

FSH: MY WEEKLY FANTASY

October 10th, 2010, Sunday



My Weekly Fantasy


Sunday’s Fantasy Lineup

Some quick notes for today’s lineups….

My Quarterbacks:

With Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers available, I will be starting both in several of my leagues today. Rodgers (8-touchdown passes) has a great matchup against the Redskins 31st ranked defense and should be primed for a break out game…….Brees (1,131 yards passing) on the other hand is on the road, but playing will be playing indoors so I am expecting a solid performance.

My Runningbacks:


With Steven Jackson on a couple of my rosters, he will be in the lineup today with a great matchup against the Lions run defense (4.8 yards allowed per carry)……with Clinton Portis OUT for the Redskins, I will be inserting running back Ryan Torain today. Last week Torain carried the ball 18 times for 70 yards and a score. This week against the Pack he’s likely to see as many touches and should be just as productive…..another noteworthy mention is running back Arian Foster, a must-start every week. Last week the Texans running back was held out of the first quarter, but once he got into the game it did not take long for the kid to bust loose. Foster (537-yards rushing leads the league) finished the game with 187-total yards of offense and two scores.

My Wide Receivers:


There are a lot of matchups I like today and fortunately for my fantasy teams, one is Calvin Johnson against the Rams. The Rams have played decent against the pass this season ranked 21st, but since Hill and Megatron have started to gel (two scores last week) I don’t see the Rams slowly down Calvin today……a couple of other notables in the line-up today include Roddy White (versus the Browns 24th ranked pass defense), Lance Moore (versus the Cardinals 22nd ranked pass defense) and Mark Clayton (versus the Lions 26th ranked pass defense)…..I will be starting Bandon Lloyd against the Ravens today. The Broncos receiver is averaging over 18-yards per catch and he will test the Ravens secondary downfield……I also have Terrell Owens playing today against the Falcons 18 ranked defense. As often as he has been targeted, he should haul in a couple of passes and find his way to the end-zone.

My Tight Ends:

I don’t have a lot of options at tightend, but one is Jermichael Finley (21 receptions) who is a must-start week in and week out. Against the Redskins today Finley could have a big day; the Redskins have allowed the tightend to score in each of their last two games…….a big noteworthy move today will be starting the Jaguars tightend Marcedes Lewis. The Jags tightend has not seen a lot of throws his direction this season (just 12), but it seems when the team reaches the redzone his number gets called often; Lewis has three touchdown receptions this season. Today’s matchup with the Bills is a great matchup for Lewis; expect score number four.



No comments: