Wednesday, September 9, 2009

FSH: FRIDAY FOOTBALL DIARY

September 11th, 2009 9:07pm PST

[Written Friday September 11, 2009)
Friday Football Diary



Dear Diary

Let me start by saying let us not forget our fallen heroes; those that have served and those we have lost along the way in their fight for our freedom. This is the freedom that gives each of us and all of us a platform to share our voice and opinions.

To all those that give so much you are recognized for your heroism, selflessness, and courage. Thank you to all military personnel, peace officers, teachers, doctors, and volunteers, you are what make us all proud to be Americans. Today we remember all of you, because you are what makes tomorrow possible!

And to think, if not for the so many I have never met, that fight so fearless for my freedom, I might never be able to sit here and talk football as I do.

How lucky am I!

With week one in the NFL bearing down, I just keep getting luckier as I go. We are less than 36 hours from week one really getting underway and I am excited like a small child waiting for Christmas morning. Let’s face it Thursday night was just a teaser the real gifts come Sunday morning.

I am so ready, are you?

When Sunday does arrive, I can tell you there are several things that I will be paying close attention too;


10 Things I will be watching

  1. Brett Favre: In the morning games I will of course be watching Favre like so many others. It will be interesting to see how far along and ready he is for the real deal in the dawg pound. I expect to see a lot of blitzes and plenty of pressure.
  2. Donovan McNabb: With his most complete corp of receivers in years, I will be keeping my eye on McNabb as he and the Eagles look to take flight in Carolina on Sunday.
  3. Maurice Jones-Drew: Now the lone number one back in Jacksonville, Jones-Drew is going to be featured in the offense. Going up against a Colts defense he normally abuses, he could have a big opening Sunday.
  4. Matt Hasselbeck: It’s not the Bonanza Days all over again, but 2009 could be the return of Hass. Coming off a season of injury, Hass is healthy and his weapons have greatly improved with the addition of free agent TJ Houshmandzadeh and rookie wideout Deon Butler.
  5. Tom Brady: After a season off the air, it’s the return of the Brady Bunch show on Sunday’s. With Tom Brady back and still having his best weapon, Sunday’s will be more than exciting to watch. The knee looks fine and Brady looks ready to pick up where he left off in 2007.
  6. Terrell Owens: The T.O. show has not been cancelled for 2009, it’s just been relocated and moved to another channel. You know I will be tuned in and watching with my popcorn ready.
  7. Tony Gonzalez: Last year’s best tight end is in a new uniform, but I am expecting much of the same in 2009. He might not finish with as many catches or yards this season, but he will still be a top four tight end this season and I plan to watch.
  8. LaDanian Tomlinson: L.T. normally torches the Raiders for big numbers and with so many nay-sayers this offseason, I am anxious to see how the little train that could comes out of the gate.
  9. Aaron Rodgers: After watching this kid quite a bit this past preseason, my eyes will be focused on Rodgers and the Pack Sunday night. With so many weapons at receiver, I expect to see Aaron light up the Lambeau night sky.
  10. Matt Cassel: I find this watch to be pretty interesting. It’s hard to be a fluke for 16 games, so it’s going to be interesting to see how good Cassel really is playing for Haley and the Chiefs. His week one matchup will be brutal against the Ravens.


Check back every week for more “Friday Football Diary”



No comments: