Monday, September 11, 2023

FSH NOTEBOOK: FANTASY FOOTBALL WHIFFS








September 11th, 2023
David's Daily Digest
Monday Late-Evening Edition

Fantasy Football Whiffs!
(NFL Week 1)

I was down on Darnell
Darnell Mooney (WR) - The Bears receiver is still Justin Fields' go-to guy. In a low-volume passing game, Fields only attempted 13 passes to his receivers and Mooney was the recipient (7) times. I missed on this one, Mooney should be owned.

I didn't like Jimmy G.
Jimmy Garappolo (QB) - He’s still Mr.GQ Smooth and on Sunday Jimmy G showed he’s a winner. Garappolo passed for 200 yards and tossed two scores to finish as the No.14 fantasy QB on Sunday. He's a fringe QB1 in deeper leagues with some upside potential.

I was expecting a lot from him in the passing game
Antonio Gibson (RB) - The Commanders running back was a complete dud on Sunday. Gibson contributed just four touches for 19 total yards and a turnover. He played in just 25 snaps (35.2%) on Sunday.

I was not on the hype train.
Bijan Robinson (RB) - I was not on the hype-train during the preseason. I didn’t doubt this kid’s talent or ability, just wasn’t hyping him up and getting excited. I know it’s only one game, but he was impressive enough for me to say I was wrong about him - he’s pretty good.

I liked Johnson's matchup in week 1.
Juwan Johnson (TE) - The Saints tight end was a non-factor on Sunday, getting targeted just five times. Johnson finished the day with three catches for 36 yards. He’s best on fantasy owners benches for now.

These were a few of my week one misses. Hopefully I can improve my numbers as we forward into the season.

That's my take!
~David G. Ortega

No comments: