Wednesday, September 19, 2018

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST


Wednesday Night Edition
September 19th, 2018








Wednesday’s Weekly Wrap Up 
and Other Non-sense




So Week 2 was a bounce back week in a big way for all of my fantasy teams, largely due to some big games from my studs; Stefon Diggs (9 rec/128 yds/2 tds), Michael Thomas (12 rec/89 yds/2 tds), DeAndre Hopkins, (6 rec/110 yds/1 td), and Brandin Cooks (7 rec/159 yds). Play your studs or start your starters.

I drafted heavy for top tier receivers and benefited greatly in week 2, but not every week is going to go to script. My early picks at the running back are quickly fading with players like rookie Royce Freeman, Dion Lewis, and rookie Ronald Jones. It’s only week 2, so I am not pushing the panic button with Jones or Freeman.

The situation for Jones in Tampa is a little muddled at the moment. With all the success they are having through the air, current starter Peyton Barber (50th ranked RB in PPR), while ineffective on the ground (only averaging 2.6 yards/carry) has been afforded more time to hold the job. Jones will have to earn his way onto the field and when he does, we will see.

In Denver, Freeman (37th ranked RB in PPR) is another concern for me. There’s no question it’s a full-blown committee approach and non-stop rotation. For fellow rookie team-mate, running back Phillip Lindsay (14th ranked RB in PPR), the rotation has not affected his hot hand. Fantasy owners who used an early 4th/5th round draft pick on Freeman will have to remain patient and see how this shakes out. That will be my approach.

In the meantime, with my current RB situation a little in flux, I am streaming guys like Tevin Coleman and Giovani Bernard as starters.

With most of my leagues in the middle of waivers, a couple of streaming options I may be looking at for week 3; with LeSean McCoy banged up, running back Marcus Murphy is drawing some of my attention, and with Leonard Fournette a little dinged up as well, running back Corey Grant (coming off 6 receptions in week 2) may have some flex value.

A couple of noteworthy stashes; I am holding Broncos rookie wide receiver Courtland Sutton in a couple of leagues; his 11 targets in two games has me believing he could an interesting mid-season play. Raiders quarterback Derek Carr is stashed nicely on one of my rosters; his week 2 performance has me believing who could be rediscovering his QB form.

That’s My Take
~David Ortega

No comments: