Saturday, November 4, 2017

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

November 4th 2017
Saturday evening Edition







My Weekly DFS
The Stack

This week I am employing the stack strategy for my Week 9 DFS lineup. I had originally looked at the Texans matchup with the Colts, but the injury to rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson changed that.

My Lineup:
QB-Drew Brees
RB-Mark Ingram
RB-Adrian Peterson
WR-Devin Funchess
WR-Marquise Goodwin
WR-Ted Ginn Jr
TE-Zach Ertz
PK-Jake Elliott
D/ST-Rams

With Watson on IR, I switched my stack to the Saints who are playing at home this week against the Buccaneers. Anytime you have Drew Brees ($8,300) at home, you have to like his matchup and the Bucs have allowed some big games to opposing quarterbacks. Of course with this stack I will lean with Mark Ingram ($7,900) in the backfield to lead in touches and touchdowns this week. Normally I would like to go with Michael Thomas, but lately wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr ($5,700) has trending upward and I love his price.

At the other running back spot I am hanging my hat all over Cardinals running back Adrian Peterson ($6,800). It’s a risky play with quarterback Carson Palmer on Injured Reserve and backup Drew Stanton now under center. Although risky, Peterson is facing a Niners defense that allows the most fantasy points to opposing running backs; so I like the matchup.

The Colts will be without Vontae Davis and even though Deshaun Watson is on the IR, I still like wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins ($9,100) outcome on Sunday. Regardless who is under center, Hopkins will be a focal point and the Colts allow the 5th most fantasy points to opposing receivers.

My only questionable play (I think) is the Niners wide receiver Marquise Goodwin ($4,800). The Niners will be without Pierre Garcon (Injured Reserve) on Sunday and even with the changes at quarterback Goodwin should be a factor in the pass game and could see even more targets.

I am rolling with a favorite at tight end, Zach Ertz against the Broncos. The Denver D has been poor versus opposing tight ends, allowing the 2nd most fantasy points and last week surrendered 7 catches for 133 yards and a score (to Travis Kelce). I like Ertz on Sunday.

My place kicker is the Eagles Jake Elliott ($5,000). The kid has been kicking well and have to play the odds of opportunity; the Eagles at home against the Broncos.

I wrap up the lineup with the Rams defense and special teams ($4,800). The Rams are averaging more than 12 fantasy points per game and have a decent matchup this week against the Giants.

That's My Take.

~David Ortega






No comments: