Sunday, October 15, 2017

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

October 15th 2017
Sunday Morning Edition






Sunday Morning Game-Time

(Week 6)

You had me at Elijah.
Elijah McGuire is one of my flavors of the day. I love his matchup today against the Patriots and with Powell out, he should be heavily involved. Forte is not 100 percent, so I don’t consider him a real threat to dominate the touches today. Just ask Jerry, I like McGuire.

A sneaky sleeper or gut feeling
I read the same reports earlier in the week and I am not buying the kool-aid; Steelers considering giving Martavis a break. He and Big Ben have been just off on several deep throws this early going. If they had connected on even two of those, there would be different tunes being sung. The Steelers owned the Chiefs last season, and this is just the type of game the Killer Bees (Big Ben, Brown, Bell and Bryant) need to bounce back.

Love the move.
Peterson to Arizona made all the sense in the world to me. All-Day was buried on the bench is New Orleans, but in Arizona he’ll get a chance to be the workhorse in the ground game. I do love this move for both teams, but I’m not ready to jump off the deep end. Peterson will get work, but we’ll have to wait to see how it all shakes out; is he looking at 14-18 touches per game or can he be a 20+ plus touch ball carrier in a pass-first offense?

That's My Take.

~David Ortega



No comments: