Friday, August 11, 2017

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

August 11th 2017
Friday Morning Edition

My Fantasy Rankings

With Fantasy drafts right around the corner it’s time to start ranking our players and taking a look at where we’ll be looking for value.

Let’s start with the quarterbacks;

My Top 20

1.Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Matt Ryan
5. Andrew Luck
6. Derek Carr
7. Cam Newton
8. Russell Wilson
9. Kirk Cousins
10. Ben Roethlisberger

I have the big boys on top, Rodgers and Brady are steady and just have too many weapons this season. Brees is Mr. Consistent with 5,000 yards until he isn’t. I’m a little high on Luck as long as he returns to the field for week 1, if that changes so will his ranking. With all of the weapons he has, I have to bump Big Ben into the top 10.

11. Philip Rivers
12. Marcus Mariota
13. Jameis Winston
14. Dak Prescott
15. Matthew Stafford
16. Eli Manning
17. Carson Wentz
18. Tyrod Taylor
19. Andy Dalton
20. Carson Palmer

Rivers and Mariota just miss my top 10, but don’t be surprised to see either break into the group; plenty of weapons of their own. I’m a little low on Stafford, but losing Megatron will hurt a little this season. I have Palmer even lower; hard to bet against father-time, but I won’t be surprised to see him bounce back this season and finish as a low-end QB1 (in deeper leagues). Taylor is interesting to me since he’s been pretty consistent, but the Bills want to run so it’s hard to imagine he’ll have the volume this season to elevate him as a QB1.

Notables beyond the top 20, that could still crack this list are Joe Flacco, Sam Bradford, Alex Smith, and even Jay Cutler. These guys you may be able to stream to fill your byes, but play the match-up and one more streamer that could offer fantasy relevance is quarterback Brian Hoyer; reunited with Kyle Shanahan in San Francisco.

That’s My Take.



~David Ortega

No comments: