Saturday, January 28, 2017

FSH NOTEBBOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST









January 27th, 2017
Friday Night Late Edition

Friday Fantasy Fixx

There are no games this weekend, but that doesn’t mean we can’t talk some fantasy football on a Friday night and look ahead to the Super Bowl.

This is not the match up I was expecting, although I am not surprised; both teams are well deserving. I think last week, quarterbacks Matt Ryan and Tom Brady just rose above and out-played the competition to get here.

Now there are no games this weekend to discuss, so I won’t give opinion on plays or matchup just yet. The good news for us football fans, heading into next weekend, both teams should be as healthy as they have ever been this season; a lot of fantasy play options available.

Without going into too much detail, my overall impression of this matchup is going to be one high scoring affair. I’m not aware of the current over/under, but I would confidently put it at 61.5 points. There’s no way both teams are not scoring at least 4 touchdowns each, if not more.

I will give credit to both defenses, they are stock with good players and they will make plays, but both offenses are just loaded with too many playmakers and too many big plays.

The last time I saw a matchup of similar proportion was the Super Bowl 13-Steelers and Cowboys. Both teams were loaded with talent, playmakers, and greatness. I’m pretty sure we have that covered in this one with names like Tom Terrific, Matty Ice, Julio, and 7-11.

If you watch this one, and if you enjoy fantasy this is one you will not want to miss, my boldest prediction is; points, points, and more points.

Good luck to the Falcons and Patriots and can’t wait until next Sunday!

That’s my Take

~David G. Ortega


No comments: