Sunday, October 16, 2016

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST








October 16th, 2016
Sunday Morning edition

Sunday Morning Gametime

We have less than 90 minutes until gametime and looking at some of the injury forecasts for today, I have a couple of tid-bits I will throw into the pot. These are just some of my favorite starts and sits for Sunday week 6.

"Who's In, Who's Out"

The Dolphins will roll out running back Arian Foster today against the Steelers. Foster has been out for several weeks with injury and has always been a health risk for fantasy owners. If you lack better options, he's a week 6 PPR start for me this week; he's in.

The Bengals will be tested today, but an upstart Patriots defense riding the high of the return of their team leader Tom Brady. The Pats offense will put a lot of pressure on the Bengals "O' today to match scores. AJ Green is the likely popular play in Cincy, but I like wide receiver Brando Lafell to contribute to day. He's more of a mid-to-low WR3, but I am playing him where I can; he's in.

A new offensive coordinator in Baltimore and maybe the team will committ more to the run this week. Last Sunday running back Terrance West was having a solid day, but just finished with 11 carries for 95 yards. This week I expect to see the Ravens to stay with the run a little longer equating to more than 11 carries for West. He's a mid-to-high RB3 this week against the Giants, but I like his chances to score; he's in.

With Jonathan Stewart returning to the lineup this week, running back Fozzy Whittaker will be returning to my bench. He's could see some work in the pass game, but in week one playing behind Stewart, Whittaker saw just 4 touches. He's out for me today.

I have Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant in a couple of leagues myself and with the 4pm EST kick-off, the risk seems too high. The Cowboys have a bye next week and it makes more sense to get their star receiver back to 100% health, rather than rushing him out there on to the field. Dez is out for me today.

That's My Take.

~David G. Ortega



No comments: