Sunday, September 21, 2014

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

Sunday Morning Edition
September 21st, 2014 
 






David’s Daily Digest

Sunday Morning Gametime


Favorites for Week 3

It’s Sunday morning and time to set those line-ups for Week 3. This past week I have been looking at the numbers, reflecting back on some of the action I have been able to catch, and taking notes from around the many sites and shows covering fantasy football.

With all this information, I must know what I am doing right? Wrong, I would be just as confused as anyone, but fortunately it does not matter. I have fun playing fantasy football and in the grand scheme, that’s what matter. Of course winning is fun too!


The Four Horsemen

In week 3, if my hopes of winning rely on Bills quarterback EJ Manuel that might be a good thing. The Bills are off to a fast start 2-0, and with a home game scheduled today facing a west coast team, the chances are good they could be 3-0 by day’s end. Manuel intrigues me today, because he’ll face a defense that allows 8.2 yards per pass (tied for 5th most) and has allowed the 5th most rushing yards to opposing quarterbacks. With his arms and legs in play, I believe Manuel is a sneaky play for week 3.

In the backfield I have been betting large on Colts running back Ahmad Bradshaw. He’s coming off a two-score performance last Monday night and has a prime matchup against Jacksonville. The Jaguars defense allows the most fantasy points to opposing running backs and has surrendered 5 total touchdowns to the position. Bradshaw is golden to be a solid play today.

Split out wide, my money today is on Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson. There was some speculation in the preseason about Johnson’s outlook; would he be traded, has he lost a step, is he on the decline. His 2014 campaign is not lighting any fires, but facing the Giants defense that allows the 5th most fantasy points to opposing wide receivers could help to ignite it. The Giants secondary has also surrendered 355 yards receiving to the position (5th most), numbers that favor a strong outing for Johnson; play him with confidence.

At the tight end spot, I am rolling out with the Titans Delanie Walker. He’s had a strong start this season with 13 receptions for 179 yards and two scores. He’s facing a Bengals defense that allowed 10 receptions to the opposing tight end back in week 1. Walker may not need as many balls to do damage, but his 18 targets in two games suggest he’ll be a busy man on Sunday. I like one of those to come in the red zone for pay dirt. Walker is my play at tight end today.

These are my Sunday takes for week 3.


~David Ortega


No comments: