Sunday, November 17, 2013

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

Sunday Edition
November 17th, 2013
 






David's Daily Digest

WEEK 11: Risk Reward

There is a good chance that we will be seeing wide receiver Percy Harvin make his debut today and while this is great news for fantasy owners, it is also one of those proceed with caution plays. Harvin has only been practicing a couple of weeks with the team and the word is he will see limited snaps. While the kid has all the traits of being a playmaker and impact player, it’s tough to gauge just what he will do in 10-15 plays. I have him on several fantasy teams and I am excited to see his return, but it’s one that I will likely wait on unless I am facing a desperate situation at the wide receiver or flex spot.

With that noted, these are flex plays I am starting instead of Harvin; running back Giovani Bernard. The Bengals running back faces a tough matchup agains the Browns today, but Bernard has scored in double digits five times this season including his past two games. Bernard has also totaled 199 yards with a score over the past two weeks on 35 touches, including 12 receptions. The Browns have allowed 54 receptions to opposing running backs this season which is the fifth most in the league.

Rookie wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins is slotted in one of my flex spots ahead of Harvin. I believe in Harvin’s talents, but I like the chances of Hopkins getting more play today against the Raiders. The rookie receiver has developed a nice rapport with his quarterback Case Keenum. In their last three games in which Keenum has started Hopkins has been targeted 21 times, including 11 targets last week, producing 199 yards receiving and a score. The Raiders also allow the 7th most fantasy points to opposing wide receivers, another reason while I will go safe with less risk.

This is my take for Week 11.


~David Ortega


No comments: