Sunday, November 10, 2013

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

Sunday Edition
November 10th, 2013
 






David's Daily Digest

WEEK 10: My Sunday Line-up

We are 10 weeks in, the fantasy teams as a whole are doing well, but this is no time to slack or slip. I have survived the onslaught of the bye weeks and for the most part I have dodged too many serious injuries (knocking on wood now), so with that said I am looking at picking up the pace and nailing down a few wins on Sunday.

Leading my fantasy team charge in a couple of leagues (and lineups) is Eagles quarterback Nick Foles. Unlike some that may be jumping on the bandwagon (and I can hardly blame them to be honest), I am turning to Foles not just because of his 7 touchdown performance last week, but many of us thought he could play well in the Chip Kelly system; 400 plus yards passing, seven scores, if that’s his ceiling I’ll take it. Remember too, back in weeks 5 & 6 Foles passed for 493 yards and tossed 5 touchdowns without a pick. That’s enough for me to roll with him.

In the backfield the Saints running game has been less than spectacular of late, but that will hardly deter me from rolling with running back Darren Sproles today (in one of my PPR leagues). The shifty ball carrier returned to practice this week after suffering a concussion a week ago. He should be good to roll and you have to love his matchup against the Cowboys defense that allows the 9th most fantasy points to opposing running backs. What I love about this matchup, Sproles is a PPR gem and the Cowboys have allowed the most receptions to opposing running backs, including three receiving scores (tied for second most).

Lining up in the slot I will be riding with my tight end Antonio Gates. The Chargers tight end is slotted into several of my lineups today and for good reason. Gates will face the Broncos defense that allows the 9th most fantasy points to opposing tight ends, including the third most receptions. Gates is having a strong 2013 campaign with 48 receptions and 550 yards receiving. This is a great matchup for Gates coming off a sub-par performance a week ago. Despite the shortage of production last week, Gates was still targeted 10 times; a great sign he should see plenty of action today and yield plenty of points.

This is my take for Week 10.


~David Ortega


1 comment:

The Prodigy said...

Sproles was huge for my teams in week 10, while Gates was no flash and little substance. Foles was once again solid.