Sunday, October 20, 2013

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

Sunday Edition
October 20th, 2013 







David’s Daily Digest


Week 7: Quick Notes for Sunday

I play in 13 fantasy football head-to-head leagues, so every Sunday I am looking at a lot of matchups and a lot of players. This week being no different, I am once again browsing my list of options and trying to set my best line-ups. By no means does this indicate I have any idea of what I am doing, but I can tell you that when numbers speak, I listen.

Here are a few numbers that are talking to me today….

WR-TY Hilton (Colts)…..Hilton (26 receptions, 388 yards receiving) will get his shot today at the one of the leagues worst secondarys. The Bronco allow the third most fantasy points to opposing wide receivers and have allowed 1,374 receiving yards this season; most in the league.

RB-Joseph Randle (Cowboys)….with DeMarco Murray sideline, Randle is expected to carry the load. Last week in relief, 13 touches and today he faces the Eagles defense; 30 receptions allowed this season and 129 yards of offense to opposing running backs.

WR-Harry Douglas (Falcons),….with both Roddy White and Julio Jones (IR) OUT today, Douglas is now the team’s number two leading receiver with 27 targets and 219 yards receiving this season. He’s a strong bet to see a lot of chances today.

RB-Ryan Matthews (Chargers)…..the Chargers ball carrier ran well last Monday night totaling 102 yards on the ground on 22 carries. This week he gets the Jaguars who allow the 2nd most fantasy points to opposing running backs and have allowed 6 rushing touchdowns this season.

RB-Giovani Bernard (Bengals)….the Bengals ball carrier is sharing the load these days, but a sweet matchup against the Lions should pay dividends. Giovani leads the backfield with 20 receptions this season and the Lions have allowed 3 receiving touchdowns to opposing running backs; tied for most in the league.

That's my take.


~David Ortega



No comments: