Sunday, October 13, 2013

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

Sunday Edition
October 13th, 2013 
 





David’s Daily Digest


Week 6: Bold Predictions

I don't have a crystal ball nor do I make a living at fortune telling, but like the next guy I can take a stab in the dark and make some bold statements and not-so-crazy predictions. And let me tell you after five weeks it does not get any easier, but being an avid fan and every Sunday watcher of the NFL I can offer a little perspective.

Strong Play

Looking at today's matchups there is one player that jumps out at me as my "strong play" of the day; quarterback Joe Flacco. His matchup with Green Bay today is a premium matchup that will call on hims to throw the ball a ton. With a versatile running back like Ray Rice, Flacco can look deep often and quickly dump it in the flat. The Packers will put a lot of pressure on the Ravens to score and I can only imagine seeing Flacco putting the ball in the air 40-plus times today.

Weak Play

I have running back Frank Gore going in one of my lineups today, but I don't see him having a big day. The Arizona D is strong against the run and Gore is going to have a long day trying to find holes. The good news, if the 49ers can get out front or keep things close throughout the day, they may stay patient and stick with the run giving Gore a lot of chances throughout the day.

Surprise Play

It may be a stretch, but I don't believe in the Steelers running game and think that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is going to throw a ton today. Now a ton may be an exaggeration, but I like Ben and believe he has weapons and will spread the ball. Last Monday night Matt Ryan passed for 319 yards and two touchdowns; Ben could see similar numbers with a faulty run game.

That' my take.


~David Ortega



No comments: