Saturday, September 7, 2013

FSH NOTEBOOK: DAVID'S DAILY DIGEST

Saturday Edition
September 7th, 2013 
 





David’s Daily Digest

Ready for Sunday

There really is nothing like fantasy football and without question, Sunday is the when the party really happens. Thursday night was just the trailer, a little teaser. The party starts Sunday and we are less than 10 hours from kickoff on Sunday and I am ready (are you?).

As I am going over lineups and checking all seven of my fantasy teams (this season), I like what I am seeing. I am just hoping Thursday night was just a small taste of what I hope to see from the rest of my fantasy teams. Yes I was one of those fortunate fantasy owners with Demaryrius Thomas in my lineup (he’s actually on five of my seven teams). I also had Peyton Manning on one of those DT teams, so I am off to a great start.

With players like Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, Jamaal Charles, and Jason Witten going for me on Sunday I believe my fantasy teams are ready.

Some quick notes on my dudes;

Rodgers has a real tough matchup, but I am expecting him to sling-it early and often. He should rack up enough yardage and a couple of scores to keep my team motoring on Sunday. Stafford is a similar play; he’ll be tossing the pigskin all over the yard and with Calvin Johnson the recipient on many of those throws (I am expecting at least 10 targets), both should provide the fantasy punch my teams need.

I believe Jam Charles, who will be facing the Jaguars defense on Sunday could lead all runners in rushing yards after week one, but I also expect very good days from Darren Sproles and Ahmad Bradshaw for fantasy owners PPR leagues. Both should see plenty of work on Sunday in both the air and ground game.

A couple of flex options I am crushing on for week one, is wide receiver Pierre Garcon against the Eagles. I have been hearing plenty of raves and great reviews and before going down early last season Garcon was on pace for a big season. Healthy now, maybe 2013 is his year. A player I am watching and like as a flex for week one (especially in deep leagues) is rookie wide receiver Kenny Stills. I like Colston as an option (WR2-3), but entering his 8th season at the age of 30 I believe there’s room for new blood in the Saints aerial attack; watch for Stills.

One more note, before I call it a night; I drafted both tight ends Jason Witten and Antonio Gates in several leagues. I don’t believe either is going to rack up big numbers in the yardage column, but each should post plenty of grabs (especially Witten) to be strong PPR plays. I also like Gates as a primary red-zone target on a team (San Diego) with a lack of options.

These are just my thoughts on some of the players I drafted this season and will be starting in week one. I am sure I will have many more thoughts in the morning, but I think I can sleep on this.

That’s my take.


~David Ortega

No comments: