Sunday, October 31, 2010

FSH: MY WEEKLY FANTASY

October 31st, 2010, Sunday


My Weekly Fantasy


Sunday’s Fantasy Lineup

Some quick notes for today’s lineups….

My Quarterbacks:

With sloppy (rain) conditions expected in London today, I am not expecting this to have much effect on Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton who will be in a few of my lineups today. Lacking a big arm most of his throws will be short routes and underneath shots…..the Packers travel to New York to take on the 22nd ranked pass defense. I will have Aaron Rodgers going in all leagues today as he takes on a Jets secondary that is allowing more than 250 yards passing per game at home with five touchdowns……I don’t have Matt Cassel today, but he is one quarterback I would be inserting with his favorable matchup against the Bills at home. Cassel will be throwing against a secondary that doesn’t allow a lot of yards, but has surrendered 14 touchdowns this season.

My Runningbacks:

With Steven Jackson available, I will definitely be riding “Action-Jackson” today against the Panthers’ 24th ranked run defense. Jackson has rushed for over 600 yards this season, including three straight 100 yards games. Today he faces a defense that is allowing nearly 130 yards rushing per game…..with the Bills coming to town, I will be inserting running back Thomas Jones today. In his last two games Jones is averaging 20 touches and over 100 yards rushing. Today he’ll get the leagues 32nd ranked run defense…..another play today that I like very much is running back Ryan Torain. Today the Redskins are in Detroit and Torain will be seeing the leagues 27th ranked run defense that is allowing nearly 5.0 yards per carry.

My Wide Receivers:

Last week the Bills offense erupted for big yards, big plays, and over 30 points against the Ravens. Today they don’t have the Ravens, but what wide receiver Steve Johnson will see is the league’s 25th ranked passing offense that has allowed 20 pass plays of 20 yards or more. Johnson has been consistently getting better each week and today’s matchup should allow his progress to continue……another wide out that has a favorable matchup today is the Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe. In his last two games Bowe has scored twice in each and with a Bills secondary that is handing out scores like hotcakes (14 allowed), he looks like a sure bet to find paydirt……a couple of regulars that I will be inserting today include Brandon Lloyd against the Niners. I like Lloyd to snag a few downfield against a secondary that has allowed 22 pass plays of 20 yards or more.

My Tight Ends:

With the Redskins in town, I am rolling with tight end Brandon Pettigrew in one of my lineups. The Lions second year tight end has been targeted often over the last several weeks and faces a defense that has 15 receptions to the tight end position over the past three weeks…..I also have the Bengals rookie tight end Jermaine Gresham in one of my lineups today. He doesn’t figure to catch a lot of throws deep downfield, but with all the weapons the Bengals have Gresham could emerge as a red-zone favorite today….lastly I will be starting the Jets tight end Dustin Keller. Keller leads the team with 24 receptions and five touchdown this season and faces a Packer’s secondary that could have some matchup problems today and has surrendered 21 pass plays of 20 yards or more.



No comments: