Sunday, September 26, 2010

FSH: MY WEEKLY FANTASY

September 26th, 2010, Sunday


My Weekly Fantasy

Sunday’s Fantasy Lineup

My Quarterbacks:

In most leagues I didn’t mess around with guessing who could be big this season or where the sleepers might come from, I shot straight for the top and grabbed one of today’s best gunslingers in the pocket. Almost across the board, my top quarterback pick this season is the Packer’s Aaron Rodgers. He has had a couple of solid campaigns and I am looking for bigger numbers in 2010. He doesn’t play until Monday night, but I have no concerns with Rodgers and the Packer’s offense matching up against the number one run defense. With the weapons Rodgers has he will undoubtedly take advantage of the leagues 25th ranked pass defense (Bears). In one of my other leagues I also have Drew Brees under center. It’s not been his most productive start this season, but today without a healthy Reggie Bush to help anchor the run game I expect the Saints to air it out.

My Running Backs:

What is likely the norm in many fantasy leagues I have a slight overage and a few choices to make in the backfield. In one of my PPR league the Bear’s running Matt Forte (12 receptions in 2010) has been anchoring my backfield and this week he looks solid play against the Packer’s 24th ranked run defense. Another pick for week three is the Bill’s running back Marshawn Lynch. The Bills square off with the Patriots (ranked 26th against the run) today and with a change at quarterback, I would expect to see the run game become today’s focus. In a couple of leagues out of necessity I will be starting the Charger’s Mike Tolbert (not recommended). He’s been a nice surprise for the Chargers with two rushing touchdowns this season, but could struggle some today against the Seahawks run defense that allows only 2 yards per carry. The Raiders have a good matchup this week against the Cardinals (ranked 31st against the run), so I will be starting Darren McFadden who is on a tear averaging 150 yards of offense per game.

My Wide Receivers

This is one position where I was lucky enough to have some great choices and this week it will be like a child standing at the counter in a candy store. With Mike Vick in and out of the pocket all day I like my chances with wideout Jeremy Maclin (two straight games with a score). Mike Sim-Walker started slow this season with no catches in week one and a quiet first half last week. Last Sunday against the Chargers Sims-Walker finished strong with more than 100 yards receiving and a score. The Eagles have a few soft spots in the secondary, so this Jaguar could run free. Without both of their starting corners healthy, the Bronco’s secondary is going to have a lot of trouble containing Peyton Manning and company today. One recipient who should benefit greatly will be wide receiver Austin Collie. I like his chances for another big day and at least a score. I have too much depth to get him in the lineup today, but a receiver of note that I like is the Cowboy’s Dez Bryant. The Texans secondary has been torched this season and this kid looked very good a week ago.



No comments: